Mercury glass makes for such beautiful centerpieces filled with flowers or candles. Believe it or not, the mercury glass look it is also easy to make yourself! All you need is: Krylon Looking Glass spray paint (found at Michaels or other craft stores), various glass containers, vinegar, a spray bottle, water, and paper towels.
Step-by-Step Instructions for DIY Mercury Glass Containers…..
1. First, your spray bottle mix one part vinegar with one part water and shake to combine. Spray a fine mist on the outside of your glass object.
2. Almost immediately, follow up with an even layer of Krylon Looking Glass spray.
3. Allow to dry for just a minute and then follow up with another layer of the vinegar/water spray (there should be fine beading creating variations in the looking glass spray).
4. Allow to dry for about 2 minutes and blot the beads of vinegar/water with a paper towel.
5. Repeat until you get the look you want and let dry!
Brides – are you planning on using any mercury glass accents for your wedding? If so, are you going gold or silver?
Note: We were unable to find the photo credit for this image, if you know who it belongs to please let us know and we will add it right away. 🙂